Director of DevelopmentCompany: EveryMind.
Date Posted: March 1, 2017
Position Title: Director of Development
Revision Date: March 2017
Status: Full Time
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Must embrace the mission of EveryMind. Responsible for daily oversite and implementation of all aspects of the development program for EveryMind including annual, planned and major gifts, internal grant review and management, sponsorships, donor and constituent communications and events. Support Chief Development Officer in developing and managing processes that ensure high quality donor development, engagement and stewardship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement processes and strategies that will maximize opportunities to generate interest and consistently nurture and grow pool of potential support including:
- Donor solicitations, data capture and stewardship
- Corporate sponsorship for events and community education and outreach efforts
- Foundation relationship stewardship, grant review and management
- Develop and implement communication strategies that will target a variety of stakeholders including donors, grant funders, partners, sponsors, professional members internal paid and volunteer staff, as well as members of the general public and potential clients via the following platforms:
- Social Media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Monthly communications /outreach to donors, mental health professionals, members and general audiences
- Program and special event marketing
- Every-Mind.org content updates and management
- Observe, report on and integrate into EveryMind communications - social, economic and political trends related to mental health
- Work with Chief Development Officer to develop, implement and manage special event development and management
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision to be exercised:
Day to day supervision of Development Coordinator
Occasional supervision of department interns
Supervision to be received:
Reports to Chief Development Officer
Working Conditions: The work environment is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is also required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is also required to travel to different locations.
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Development, Marketing, or related field.
Experience: Five years of experience in nonprofit development is required
Skills: Detail oriented individual with exceptional listening, writing and verbal communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated understanding of donor relationships and giving practices. Excellent organizational skills to prioritize changing circumstances in a positive focused and timely manner. A creative, independent, self-motivated, collaborative individual will be most successful. Website, social media, and database management skills are also critical.
Abilities: Effectively interact with a variety of constituents including CEO, board members, volunteers, paid staff, media, donors and community partners. Ability to express ideas with clarity, confidence and sensitivity.