Director of AdvancementCompany: United Way of Frederick
Date Posted: August 1, 2018
This position requires a self-starter capable of implementing a strategic plan for organizational advancement which supports and helps to promotes existing UWFC initiatives. Successful candidates will be experienced non-profit development leaders with a strong knowledge base in fundraising and public relations. The Director of Advancement will foster community relationships with key stakeholders to secure individual, community and corporate contributions. You will be invested in resource development through workplace giving, grant writing and communication strategies that contribute to the advancement of UWFC goals. As a community leader, you will be mission-focused, results-driven and encourage UWFC’s positive profile.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of progressive fundraising/advancement experience
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Excellent community networking skills and experience
- A working knowledge of the United Way and its vision
- A commitment to Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Ethical Standards
- Successful grant writing and management experience
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate Board members, volunteers and peers
Salary range of $50-$54K and includes a competitive benefits package.
No phone calls to the local office please.