Development ManagerCompany: Alzheimer's Association
Date Posted: August 30, 2017
Western Maryland Position Opening
This full-time exempt position coordinates chapter development activities throughout Western Maryland and directly manages the Western Maryland Walk to End Alzheimer’s and Memory Ball, both located in Frederick, MD; is responsible for building corporate and community relationships throughout the region; works directly with donors to grow fundraising capacity; represents the Association at public events and is able to clearly articulate the mission and services of the Alzheimer’s Association.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN ASSIGNED AREA
Walk to End Alzheimer’s
- Develop and follow a comprehensive development plan for Walk to End Alzheimer’s that includes budgets, timelines, team recruitment and retention strategies, volunteer committee development, marketing/PR and logistics. Manages Walk websites, reports and materials.
- Develop community contacts to recruit high level volunteer leadership on the WTEA’s planning committee and garner community support. Train, coach and develop leadership volunteers to reach goals.
- Through volunteer networks, prospect, cultivate and steward teams, sponsors and walkers to achieve the Chapter’s development goals.
- With Memory Ball committee, identify, recruit and cultivate Memory Ball dancers, sponsors and donors.
- Orient and train Dancers on fund-raising techniques;
- Manage all event logistics.
Corporate Development/Annual Campaign/Donor Cultivation
- Maintain relationships with key corporate sponsors year-round and insure involvement in all relevant chapter activities and recognition opportunities.
- Work to develop a new network of high level contacts for the chapter and form new corporate alliances and partnerships.
- Promote employee education sessions in local corporations to generate awareness for our cause; to reach out to others; to give back to the corporate sector; and to open new doors for sponsorship opportunities.
- Relevant four year degree and a minimum of five years demonstrated experience in fundraising. Experience in event planning or corporate partnerships a plus; will consider additional experience as a substitute for four year degree.
- Successful experience in coaching volunteers in fundraising activities;
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audiences, including through media outlets; excellent public speaking skills required.
- Strong organizational and task management skills, a strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as a team member;
- Knowledge of and connections with the Frederick County and Western Maryland Region preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Google Suite; Experience with other database or fundraising software a plus, (Training on Convio software provided)
- Valid driver’s license and functioning, insured car.
Please send resume and salary requirements by September 15, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Ellen Torres, development director, Alzheimer’s Association, 1850 York Road, Suite D, Timonium, MD 21093.