Digital Content and Social Media ManagerCompany: Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
Date Posted: October 24, 2017
Job Title: Digital Content and Social Media Manager
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School, a 9-12, Catholic, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School located in Olney, Maryland, seeks a full-time, 12-month (July 1 - June 30) Digital Content and Social Media Manager who will play a key role in communicating the vision and voice of the School. The DSMM will advance and increase brand awareness by developing compelling content related to the life of the school, producing materials for public relations, marketing, and other communications, and distributing content using various electronic vehicles, including the school website, social media, digital photography, digital video, email and print. The ideal candidate will be a creative and strategic thinker who is also a team player, is energetic, self-motivated, and tenacious. The ability to collaborate, multi-task, follow through and meet deadlines is essential. The DSMM must be ready to tell the Good Counsel story across digital media platforms, capturing and capitalizing on emblematic and unique moments that instill pride and evoke interest in Good Counsel, thus enhancing both internal and external marketing efforts. The DSMM must be ready to contribute to all communications efforts.
- Work with colleagues to elicit ideas for content, and collaborate with the Director of Marketing & Public Relations on the ongoing development and execution of social media strategies. Implement daily posting schedules and ensure adherence to Good Counsel social media guidelines, protocol, and procedures.
- Monitor customer interactions on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other interactive digital platforms. Work with Director of Marketing & Public Relations to standardize processes for responding to inquiries, complaints, and other interactions. Assist in compiling reports on trends across social media—involving Good Counsel, our competitors, Catholic schools and independent schools in general. Understand that social media engagement may occur outside regular work hours and be willing to coordinate responses when necessary, based upon established Good Counsel guidelines and protocol.
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Public Relations with video/photographic coverage of events both on and off campus.
- Edit, produce, and execute multimedia projects for website, email blasts, digital magazines, social media posts, and other projects as needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of unique campaigns to engage followers and the school community on social media and on website, paying close attention to legal boundaries and staying aligned to the mission of Good Counsel.
- Interview and write campus news stories for distribution in web and print.
- Ensure institutional adherence to school policies and professional web content, usability, and design standards.
• Research and identify trends in secondary and higher education, and make recommendations for enhanced features and technology as it applies to digital communications.
• Create and maintain an honest, consistent, and positive school image in all school communications
• Be able to work flexible hours; this position necessitates attendance at various school events—some weekends and nights required.
• Assist the Director of Marketing and Public Relations with other assigned tasks as needed.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Social Media Management, Marketing, and/or Journalism preferred.
• Appreciation of the mission of private Catholic schools; prior experience working in marketing or communications in secondary or higher ed desired.
- Proficient user of social media, including emerging platforms; at least 3-5 years’ experience in the execution of social media strategies for a company or organization.
- Experience in a multimedia production environment; prior hands-on experience with photo/video production; Adobe Premiere or advanced knowledge of iMovie is a plus.
• Website content management systems; experience with Finalsite preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, as well as Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Familiarity with Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and organic SEO practices are helpful.
• Demonstrated superior writing and editorial skills; must be passionate about storytelling.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and strong organizational and time-management skills.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
17301 Old Vic Blvd.
Olney, MD 20832
Applicants should apply by November 17, 2017, for best consideration.
No phone calls please.