Director of AdvancementCompany: United Way of Frederick County
Date Posted: December 22, 2017
The United Way of Frederick County (UWFC) is an established leader among non-profit organizations. They are committed to positive community impact through education, financial stability and health. If you are an experienced fundraising professional who is accomplished at building relationships and developing opportunities, then this is your opportunity to put your skills into action!
The position of Director of Advancement requires a self-starter capable of implementing a strategic plan for organizational growth which supports and helps to promote existing UWFC initiatives. Successful candidates will be experienced non-profit development leaders with a strong knowledge base in fundraising and public relations. The Director of Advancement will foster community relationships with key stakeholders to secure individual, community and corporate contributions. You will be invested in resource development through workplace giving, grant writing and communication strategies that contribute to the advancement of UWFC goals. As a community leader, you will be mission-focused, results-driven and will encourage UWFC’s positive profile. The salary range has been increased to better reflect market conditions.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of progressive fundraising/advancement experience
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Excellent community networking skills and experience
- A working knowledge of the United Way and its vision
- A commitment to Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Ethical Standards
- Successful grant writing and management experience
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate Board members, volunteers and peers
Salary range of $58-$61K and a competitive benefits package.
The full job description can be found here: https://www.unitedwayfrederick.org/Careers
Your cover letter, resume and salary requirements should be sent to:
No phone calls to the local office please.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 15, 2018