Major Gifts OfficerCompany: McDaniel College
Date Posted: April 3, 2018
McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for a Major Gifts Officer. Salary for this full-time, 12-month position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts with employer match, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College website at https://employment.mcdaniel.edu for details.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Development & Leadership Gifts, the Major Gifts Officer has responsibility for qualifying potential donors, as well as developing and implementing strategies to cultivate, solicit, and close major and planned gifts from alumni and friends of McDaniel College. The successful applicant will maintain a portfolio of suspects, prospects, and donors in order to solicit and secure significant private support for the College and work in conjunction with other staff and volunteer leadership to identify, cultivate, and solicit major and planned gifts. The Major Gifts Officer will regularly interact with alumni, parents and friends of the College to promote its mission and advance the strategic plan of the campus community.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• A minimum of three years prior fundraising experience, or its equivalent, with proven success in obtaining major gifts.
• Willingness to work nights and weekends and travel regionally and nationally on behalf of McDaniel College.
• Professionalism, strong oral and written communication, time management, planning and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Ability to work in an environment that encourages constructive communication, consensus building, teamwork, collegial decision making, and accountability for results is essential.
• Working knowledge of the Internet and Microsoft Office software required.
To apply For a complete job description including qualifications and to apply, please go to: https://employment.mcdaniel.edu/. Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Open until filled.
McDaniel College is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status.