Assistant Director Annual Giving - Young Alumni & AthleticsCompany: McDaniel College
McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for an Assistant Director Annual Giving, Young Alumni & Athletics. Salary for this full-time, 12-month position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts with employer match, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College website at https://employment.mcdaniel.edu for details.
In collaboration with other members of Institutional Advancement, the Assistant Director, under the direction of the Executive Director of Annual Giving, works to involve alumni, students, parents, and friends in the life of the College and supports the College’s financial goals with a strong emphasis on fundraising efforts with our young alumni as well as the Green and Gold Club (athletics) fundraising. The advancement environment at McDaniel requires teamwork, a positive attitude, perseverance, optimism and the ability to think strategically and creatively.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Establishing and overseeing the planning, programming and appeals for young alumni philanthropy.
- Managing the programming and appeal for Green & Gold Club (athletic) fundraising, working in collaboration with the Athletic Director and Coaches
- Directing the Faculty/Staff fundraising campaign.
- Managing a portfolio of 50-75 young alumni and Green & Gold Club prospects in addition to other consistent donors.
- Identifying, training and collaborating with young alumni volunteers.
- Creating effective, multichannel marketing pieces for young alumni and Green & Gold Club efforts.
- Coordinating donor recognition with the Director of Advancement Engagement to steward Green & Gold Club and young alumni donors in an effort to improve rates of renewal and upgrades of annual gifts.
- Collaborating in fundraising efforts with other members of the annual giving team, development and alumni relations staff.
- Measuring performance, monitoring and evaluating programs against planned outcomes, participate in benchmarking studies.
- Participating in annual and long-range planning for the Fund for McDaniel and the Green and Gold Club.
For a complete job description including qualifications and to apply, please go to: https://employment.mcdaniel.edu/. Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Review of applications begins January 22, 2018.
McDaniel College is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status.